Instructions to applicants
As part of its continuous efforts in providing upgraded service to its stakeholders, the NBA has introduced online submission of application portal, integrated to its website, www.nbaindia.org.
To avail the service, applicants are requested to register as user providing a login id (4 to 20 word) with a password having 4 to 12 word with at least one numeral or special character. Once registered, the user can log in and upload any number of applications without limit.
Please keep all the information and scanned copies of the mandatory documents, such as, ID/Address Proof, company’s, MoA, AoA, shareholding pattern, Power of Attorney and Authorization letter ready.
The following instructions will provide a step-to- step guide to fill up the Application Form without errors:
Name of applicant(s) and addresses should correspond with the name available in the ID/Address proofs submitted. Especially for Form III, the name given in the patent application and the name provided here should be one and same.
- 2. If the contact person of the applicant is different from the person authorized to submit the application, separate authorization letters shall be provided by the applicant.
- 3. If the biological resources have already been procured by a person covered under section 3(2) for undertaking research leading to filing of IPR or intended for transfer, such applicant shall provide scanned copies of invoices/bills along with approval for access granted by NBA.
- 4. If Research & Development is undertaken in any national / other organization outside the applicant’s institution/company based on any agreement or MoU, a copy of such document shall be uploaded.
- 5. For transferring the results of research/ biological resources to a person covered under section 3(2), if there exists any agreement/MoU between the transferor and the transferee, scanned copy of such document shall be uploaded.
- 6. If the applicants have entered into any agreement with any person for commercializing the biological resources accessed or IPR obtained, copy of such document shall be uploaded.
- 7. If the procurement of the biological resources is done after entering into any benefit sharing agreement with the benefit claimers by the applicant, copy of such agreement shall be uploaded.
- 8. Details of benefits that may likely to arise out of the commercialization of the results of research/biological resources transferred to the transferor and the transferee shall be separately indicated in the application Form at the appropriate columns.
- General Instructions
- 1. The inputs provided in the application may be saved from time to time and only when the applicant is satisfied that complete and correct information has been uploaded, the Form may be submitted. Please note that after clicking submit button, no revision in the details already furnished is possible.
- 2. After entering all the details, the form can be reviewed before final submission.
- 3.After making final submission, a reference number will be generated and the applicants will be directed to payment of fees page, where a link is provided to SBI Connect. Using the facility provided, the applicant can make payment of application fee through e-payment.
- 4. After making payment, a receipt containing declaration part of the application will generate and the applicant shall take a print out of the same, sign it at appropriate place and send the hard copy to the Secretary, NBA, at the address provided in the site.